US cases pass 15m; North Korea lashes out at South Korea over zero cases doubt; Giuliani expects to leave hospital on Wednesday
- UK woman becomes first in world to receive Pfizer jab
- Oxford AstraZeneca Covid vaccine has 70% efficacy, full trial data shows
- FDA: Pfizer Covid vaccine data fits with guidance
- Slovakia’s mass testing cut infection rate by 60%, researchers say
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The US president Donald Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani on Tuesday said he is feeling better after contracting Covid-19 and expects to leave the hospital on Wednesday.
The 76-year-old former New York City mayor, who is spearheading Trump’s flagging effort to overturn the president’s election loss to Joe Biden, said he began to feel unusually tired on Friday.
Hello and welcome to today’s live global coronavirus coverage.
My name is Helen Sullivan and I’ll be bringing you the latest for the next few hours.